Sunday 2 October 2022

Getting into a New Routine

 


It has been a weirdly quiet week here without Nella at home. She seems to be doing OK in Norwich, finding new friends and looking after herself. I had to do a couple of projects on the Bernina L890 so I spent 2 days filming / making and 2+ hours editing for two short videos, both of which were less than 10 minutes long. I made “boho” bunting using scrap sari fabric from bags that my dungarees arrived in and a crazy-ish patchwork heart-shaped cushion that Nella had started. The trickiest part of that was constructing the cushion but I am pleased with the result. 



I have a handful of customer quilts to work on and my Zoom pupils to keep me occupied. Fergus seems to be getting back into Music and is considering a move to Glasgow in the Spring. I keep telling myself that I don’t have to make any immediate decisions about what I do in future but at the back of my mind is the possibility that I no longer need to stay near Aberdeen. During the years that Nella was ill and the pandemic was raging, I was not thinking about anything else other than her recovery. The first thing that I have decided to do is some long overdue sorting-out in my house. It seems to be full of junk and dust that I have been ignoring for ages. I made a start in Nella’s room, just minor tidying. The worst area is the top floor where the kids started to have a clear out then abandoned the project. And the so-called airing cupboard which has no shelves, or heat and is damp… It will all take time but I have that now;)






No comments:

Post a Comment