Sunday 16 October 2022

Keeping Myself Busy




There are two possibilities as to why I have been keeping busy so lately. Either I am getting everything done so I can have lots more time to create OR I am procrastinating - Big Time. I suspect it is a bit of both…

I spent a lot of time in my workshop, possibly because it is fractionally warmer out there than in an old house with heating that is not working. I managed to make headway with several customer quilts so there are none waiting to be done when I go down to Norfolk for Nella’s birthday. 








One of the cleaning jobs that I had been dreading was the kitchen oven. It took me 2 hours  - there was tarry stuff inside it, the racks looked grim and you really could not see through the glass doors. I have to admit that it was quite a satisfying outcome.




I wanted to make a video on how to place and stitch a whole cloth quilt design using Bernina Qmatic. I thought I could get away with explaining how it was done by referring to a quilt that had already been stitched but I quickly realised that I had no reference points when attempting to explain how to line things up. The only way to do it was to mark out an entirely fresh whole cloth practice quilt. I was very careful to mark it accurately and to baste the entire quilt before placing the designs on it but even so, because the material used is fabric and not something rigid like wood or paper, the borders got slightly distorted. However, at least that allowed me to show realistically the issues involved with placing borders and corners using a quilt computer. 





Apart from that, I led a pretty dull life, not seeing anyone, going on the same dog walk everyday. I even took myself on an outing to Sainsbury’s for a change of scene. I have never felt the need for a social life before as I have been busy, running kids around or planning trips. Perhaps I should not have packed up the caravan for winter - Nessie and I obviously need to go on an adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment