Sunday 7 May 2023

Don't Make Me Paint the Kitchen!

 

My wonderful blue fridge conked out after 26 years and I got fed up with traipsing across to the garage every time I wanted milk so I ordered a new, orange one. It is NOT the same. I guess I will get used to it eventually but it has reminded me that the last time I painted the kitchen was 23 years ago. I really ought to freshen it up but that will highlight the disgusting ceiling, covered in stains and cobwebs, and that is a job I do not wish to tackle until it collapses.


I had also considered painting my room but I decided an easier way of cheering it up would be to create a plant window. I hope I can keep them alive - some like water while others do not.




I don’t know why I never thought of it before but this week I watched some telly on my iPad while the quilt machine was running. I avoided stuff with foreign subtitles and managed to do some hand-stitching. While The Coronation was on I stitched around 100 reverse appliqué silver lamé circles with a machine blanket stitch. The Bernina knee-lift was marvellous for lifting the sewing machine foot every couple of stitches. I have set myself the task of sewing in all of the thread tails which is not something I would have bothered to do previously. 




I spent a whole day cutting out and heat-pressing circles onto 100 more squares. As usual I thought this would take a couple of hours at most which just proves that I always underestimate how long things really take;) Since I seem to be steaming ahead with this project I should really get around to entering it into FoQ, particularly as I have not made a competition quilt since 2019!




No comments:

Post a Comment