Sunday 28 May 2023

Gradual Circle Progress

 I decided that since I only officially had one customer quilt to do last week, I would crack on with making progress on my circles. I finished all of the machine stitching but the large zigzags did not seem very stable to me. I had reduced the tension substantially so the bobbin thread would not show on top. I decided that the answer was to secure the zigzag stitches with a double trip around each circle edge with silver thread. The process for each circle square is quite long-winded and I wonder if anyone will even notice. It took almost 2 days to sew in all of the loose thread tails and secure them. At least I got to watch some telly on the iPad - I particularly enjoyed “The Good Karma Hospital”, set in Kerala. It has made me want to visit India again!


The second 110” square quilt got quilted in one long day this week. Its maker stayed for the duration. I kept it simple, using the computerised pattern, “Stacked Snailz” otherwise it would have taken considerably longer. 




Fergus and his two pals had their first gig in 4 years, opening the evening at Cafe Drummond in Aberdeen. There were a couple of minor technical issues that the audience did not notice, a good turnout and their set went down really well. The floor was just as sticky as it was pre-pandemic and it was great to see Fergus back enjoying the music scene. I intended to film it  with 2 of my tiny cameras but it was too dark to press the right buttons so my footage was patchy. I spent an entire day afterwards nerdily fiddling with settings and researching mics for recording music so I hope to get another chance to be the official videographer;)




No comments:

Post a Comment