Sunday 14 May 2023

Has Spring Even Happened?

 




I took Nessie to the beach at Stonehaven on Bank Holiday Monday. It was busy with volunteers doing a beach clean-up operation. The tide was out but it was pouring with rain and pretty breezy. I had decided to leave Nessie’s raincoat at home so we both got soaked. At home the wild cherry trees are already dropping their blossom. Because it has been so damp and grey I had not even noticed that they actually had any flowers. In Norwich Nella has been experiencing thunderstorms and heavy rain and so far does not believe that Norfolk is one of the driest parts of the country.
 

I have unwrapped any caravan in readiness for a weekend trip to Perthshire to meet Freya. It seems to be dry with only a couple of cobwebs and the fake ivy has come unstuck from the bathroom walls. Nella is not keen to go on a caravan road trip with me this summer so I will just have to go on short trips instead. In theory I would like to drive it down to Norfolk and beyond but that seems like a daunting solo undertaking.





I have been busy all week with customer quilts and an enthusiastic new longarm pupil. While all that was going on I worked on my small rainbow/lamé squares. After I sewed in all of the ends from the machine blanket stitching I stitched around the rings kantha-style. My fingers ache because they are not used to so much hand sewing! There are 150+ squares still to do then I need to decide how much more machine sewing will be added. The deadline for FoQ entries is June 12th and the fee has gone up since I last entered as it is now £18.00 for non members of the Quilters Guild, plus postage each way. 




This week I am presenting a talk to the Aberdeen Patchwork and Quilting Group. I hope they have forgotten what I spoke about previously. It has been posted as an evening that will be funny - at the very least I need to make sure that my USB stick slideshow is working and that I have the correct quilts. 







No comments:

Post a Comment