Sunday 7 April 2024

If Only I Could Get Up Earlier


I have huge admiration for people who get up super early and crack on with their days. I wake up early in order to make a cup of tea to take back to bed then waste time reading the news, checking social media and browsing Ebay for vintage cameras that I don’t need. If I could get my days off to a brisker start then maybe I would find time to keep on top of my To Do list or even make some more Lego plants. 

In my defence, this week I have had some late nights, spending time with Nella and Fergus who have been getting along better than they have in years. We went shopping to get him some essentials to stay in Glasgow with his band mates. Hopefully, he will soon get a job then think about getting a flat of his own. It is quite weird to think about him moving out. He did not go off to Uni like the girls and had a bit of a hiatus with his music career due to Covid. He was both excited and nervous to “leave home” but it is time that he has a taste of city life. 


I have been trying to clear my diary to knuckle down and thoroughly plan the retreat that I am teaching in Devon in June. It will be 4 days of intense software learning, using the Q-matic system and I need to be prepared for all abilities.




I had a challenging customer quilt that took me more than 4 days to complete. It was beautifully pieced with large on-point blocks but there was something a bit off-kilter with the borders that I had to work out. As there was nobody here at the weekend I just powered through to get it done so I can start the week fresh. I need to get my retreat programme sussed as I will be taking Nella back to Norwich next weekend, staying with my folks for a week and I won’t get any work done there;)

No comments:

Post a Comment