Sunday 21 April 2024

The Long and the Short of it



I have said it before - Time in Norfolk is elastic. The days pass quickly doing very little. Nella and I had a couple of wanders in the City, admiring the spring blossom. We stumbled upon a textiles exhibition in the Forum, including an entire knitted model of Great Yarmouth!

I took my Mother on an outing to Southwold, despite the squally weather and spotted an amusingly titled beach hut (Star Wars reference).


I did not even open the sewing box that I took with me but I did some of the slideshow about Q-Matic that I am working on.


My fringe was getting in my eyes so I cut it ludicrously short with some annoyingly blunt scissors.




It was a LONG solo drive home so I broke the journey at Freya’s flat in Glasgow, probably for the last time because she is being evicted due to the landlady selling it at short notice. Fergus came to visit and I am relieved to report that he seems to be enjoying life in Glasgow, bunking down with pals and writing songs. Nessie always likes attempting to chase the squirrels in the Botanic Gardens. 


It is very quiet at home now with everyone away but I will crack on with some work and hopefully get started on the marathon cutting for the Tula Pink butterfly quilt…

No comments:

Post a Comment