Monday 15 April 2024

What was I meant to be doing?

 

Yet again, I have had a week when what I was meant to be doing (on paper) was not what I ended up doing, not that those things were not valid in their own way;) I did get 2 customer quilts done before Nella pointed out that she would like to spend some time with me in the last week of her Easter hols. The custom quilt had to have a few thread tails sewn in and the red flying-geese one was a bit of a challenge because the customer wanted the echo quilting to look exactly as it did in the magazine that the pattern came from. Horizontal straight lines were not a problem but diagonals are very difficult to do on a longarm without a lot of palaver. I started off just doing the diagonals that I could reach but that involved a lot of stops, starts and sewing in thread tails. In the end, as it was not a huge quilt, I decided to do the diagonals on my domestic machine with a walking foot and that was far easier. 



It looks like I have finally sold the cast iron Raeburn stove that I bought years ago that has just sat unused in my garage. The new owners live 300 miles away and want a courier to collect it so I had to track down a pallet so it can be picked up using a fork-lift. I seemed to do a lot of time consuming wee jobs like that - I went to the Vet to pick up cat anti-flea medicine to be told that I had a supply that should last until June but when I double-checked at home there was none and I know that was not my error. I sent my old phone off to be sold for scrap but the company tried to wriggle out of the online quote that they had offered then wanted £8.95 for my broken phone to be sent back to me special delivery.
 


Evri seems to have lost another parcel - I ordered a new cutting ruler to tackle the marathon cutting involved in the Tula Pink butterfly quilt but it is still not here after 3 weeks so now I am way behind with the Facebook Group involved in the quilt-along. Meanwhile I got totally embroiled in researching old Pentax cameras and lenses that I can mostly only import from Japan and have now watched ALL of the Youtube videos and read ALL of the reviews. Honestly, it is like a form of addiction when I start looking at Tech online. I need a new quilt project to get me off second-hand camera forums;)


I am in Norfolk this week, splitting my time between visiting Nella and my folks. I might borrow a pressure washer to scrub Nella’s backyard then go to a garden centre to buy some fairy lights and plants. I brought a piece of the quilted coat with me to work on but I don’t suppose I will even look at it…

No comments:

Post a Comment