Sunday, 16 August 2026

Mixed Makes Week



I made all sorts of different things this week, not all of them easy or useful. At work I have made some ruffled samples to prepare for a forthcoming class. People seem to have mixed feelings about whether ruffles are IN or OUT;)

I tested out the new 790 Ultra to see if it did all that it claims to. It performed very well but I think if I had several thousand pounds to spend I would still opt for the top of the range 990 which has a camera and can do pretty much anything.




I gave 2 new Bernina x Liberty edition owners a condensed tutorial so they could go home and play with their machines.




I had a longarm DIY pupil for the day who opted for a computerised allover pattern on one of her quilts.



I rummaged in my tattie growing box to dig up some respectable spuds which I roasted in the air-fryer. There is a pint-sized red hollyhock in the back garden and lots of miniature tomatoes.




I spent a long evening making damson jam. My kitchen looked like a murder scene as I had to get all of the stones out of the small plums. Bright red juice was splattered on the tablecloth, me the floor and I am glad to report that Nessie kept out of the way. I have 5 kg of special-offer sugar left so I really hope I can forage a bumper crop of brambles!




On Sunday morning I spent a most enjoyable couple of hours doing a fused glass class with my work pal, Jo. She made a cute greenhouse and I copied the teacher’s example flower sun-catcher in blues. It was really fun to go and do something different and after it has been in the kiln I will have something to hang in my kitchen window:)




No comments:

Post a Comment