Another Festival of Quilts is already over! I first attended as a visitor with 3 small children in tow in 2006, represented APQS for a few years and Bernina UK Q-Series long-arm machines for the past 10 years. I think I missed 3 shows in all those years, possibly 2007, 2009 and 2020 (like everyone else). I do not have a complete set of pin badges for every year and this year they were sold out by Day 2. I took quite a few photos of competition quilts and their labels and decided to put them in a Flickr album rather than cluttering up the blog. I hope they did not get too jumbled up. There are also plenty of posts from folk on Instagram - my photos were a bit rushed, taken first thing before the show opened.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/sewlinzi/albums/72177720334973766/
It was a busy, friendly show with plenty to see and buy. I even spoke to some non sewing ladies who came up on a coach trip from Essex for a day out.
The Bernina UK team had a huge upgrade to the Moxy hotel this year which is on the NEC site. It was enjoyable to walk to the show and stroll to a choice of restaurants in the evening. I am happy to report that I got taken out for curry in the city centre and that every mouthful was delicious.
Although I did not have a quilt in the show, I entered the fashion show at the last minute and was cheered loudly for strutting down the catwalk in my quilted coat. I believe that I should have won the Kaffe Fassett iron but it was awarded to an American participant who won’t be able to plug it in at her USA house;)
I was a bit naughty scootering around but I did not run anyone over. I probably should not have been flying my mini drone first thing in the morning but I was not causing a public nuisance.
My silly scooter tour is on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/HCcHMrNXooE?si=JJ_SjDcQvydZ7VUn
Nessie had a super holiday staying with a friend, demanded much attention, ball throwing, biscuits and made herself very comfortable on the beds.
I got back to my house at 11pm, went to bed then was up early to start work again at 9.00am on Monday morning. By Saturday I will have worked 12 days in a row - zzz!

No comments:
Post a Comment