I had another unusually busy week long arming which makes me happy! There was a house quilt, postage stamp squares and a Kaffe Fassett diamonds one. In addition, there was class preparation to do and sewing machine demos plus an interesting phone call where the customer was irritated by me asking what brand of thread she was using - all she could tell me was that it was “cotton”.
So now for some Big News… I am moving to Norfolk! It all boils down to Big Family Stuff and I want to be around so I can help out. Plus Nella is there and Fergus is seriously considering leaving Glasgow to relocate to Norwich.
All in all it was a pretty stressful week - handing in my notice, alerting my landlady, booking a van. I have loved Tavistock but in the end it was not easy to make weekend trips to visit Family from almost Cornwall. For the time being I will move in with my Mother then we will all work out whether to live together communally or close to each other but separately.
I aim to set my longarm up and resume quilting as The Quilt Quine. I will look for a wee job and will need to get my act together to sort out a divorce settlement at last.
The move will happen in mid October and I have already started trying to get rid of my furniture on Facebook Marketplace. Initially I thought I would shift everything then I realised it would not all fit into the van so I am being ruthless (ish) and leaving my Victorian cupboards, comfy armchair, garden furniture and all of my plants in pots!
Since I am a bit of a magpie, I have quite a lot of knick-knacks and rather a lot of vintage orange Tupperware. I think the boxes I ordered might be a bit big so I need to try and not make them too heavy.
I have started to take down pictures, fill holes and touch up the paint. The house will certainly be in a better state when I hand it back than it was when I moved in;)


No comments:
Post a Comment