Sunday 20 February 2022

Just Getting On

 

I received a super box of threads from Aurifil to promote with customers and pupils. The 40/3 longarm cotton is my go-to thread these days as it is reliable and looks great. I used a light green on a small custom quilt with a Celtic influence. I wanted to see if I could use the Qmatic to place borders and found that going horizontally was pretty good - although while the quilt looked accurate, it still had borders that were not entirely straight. This was more pronounced when I turned the quilt to make it easier to do the vertical borders. I was definitely being super critical when I was working on the quilt as when it was finished the results looked good. 



We had some typical February weather with a heavy snowfall at the end of the week which made it feel cosy inside. Nessie and Fizz shared a spot on the sofa as they are mostly friends - that is, Fizz does not usually succumb to being chased by an annoying dog. 




In between coats of paint on the caravan worktop I pieced together some blocks for a caravan quilt. Maybe it is because I pieced the units on different machines and only finger pressed them but accuracy was not at all evident. I should definitely have trimmed the units to match up nicely but I just decided that it did not bother me if many of the points did not meet. Hopefully once the blocks all get ironed they will fit together;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment