Sunday 27 February 2022

Online Shopping Caveat



I can spend hours shopping online, usually reading all the reviews and checking for bargains. It generally works out well and is obviously convenient but sometimes my purchases do not quite meet my expectations.

I ordered a wool gilet because I love my scruffy, old, fleece body warmer from Boden that is years old. Disappointingly, the XL size was too big in the shoulders but did not zip up. To make matters worse, all of the binding was done in brown brushed nylon! I have an absolute horror of all things nylon, including tights, so that item was quickly dispatched back to where it came from.




Weeks ago I ordered a small battery cuckoo clock for my caravan from Ebay. OK, it was cheap and it eventually arrived from China but it was even naffer than I expected. Surprisingly, it ticks very loudly so I have banished it to the loo. I had an old framed embroidery that I decided could cover up some old damp patches. I decided to cut up a vintage tablecloth and frame parts of that too to make a set. The picture frames from Amazon had very flimsy glass which just shattered when I so much as looked at them - rather than send them back, I simply framed them up without the glass. 









I am making 2 quilts for the caravan bunks and need 2 lots of backing so I ordered a kingsized tropical duvet cover. I did not notice that it was actually polycotton and even worse, I did not see the giant snakes amongst the vegetation! Never mind - it will do.


I have pretty much completed the interior revamp of the caravan, complete with black glittery worktops. The fairy lights have been cable-tied into place and I am building up a “library” of vintage Observer books, a couple of which I picked up for £1.00 at the Red Cross Shop. One of them was published in 1972 and the original price on its dust jacket was 45p. 





I managed to complete 2 customer quilts this week, including a semi-custom one. Now that my caravan project is under control (inside at least), I should crack on with some straight-forward customer quilts, unless I sneak in my caravan quilts first;)





No comments:

Post a Comment