Sunday 1 May 2022

Just Pootling


I have to remind myself that I have been away from home for the past 3 weekends and psychologically that is busy, even if there is no major project going on. I worked slowly on a couple of customer quilts, had a half-hearted attempt at making pleated facemarks (Nella’s request), and had a lovely, overdue catch-up with Mo who has wire-haired dachshund puppies.


There was a full day without electricity for some sort of maintenance and I really wondered what I was going to do all day without power and wifi. I determined that I would learn how to operate the water supply and loo in the caravan. I cleaned all of the tanks, filled them back up with water and attached the basic pump. Despite all that there was no water supply, even though everything had been working fine when the Caravan Man was here. What I had not realised was that many of the functions in the caravan rely on a 12v battery supply, even when it is plugged into the mains. This includes the water pump and loo flush. I would rather it was a manual pump because then I would not have to remember to charge the battery. Needless to say, the battery was flat because someone (probably me) had left something on that drained it. Eventually, I will make a Youtube video aimed at idiot caravan beginners like me that explain these basic procedures. Honestly, I read the owner’s manual but I could not find a clear explanation about what runs off mains and what only runs off the battery!
 


I did a very basic project with my Cricut Joy cutting machine. I used scraps of vinyl and cut out circles to stick onto the caravan taps to indicate hot and cold water. I wished I had come up with a more exciting design, maybe with additional flowers but for now I just need to see if they will stay stuck on even if they get wet. 




I realised that I do actually have 2 sewing projects that I started and forgot about. There is my quilted coat and also a funky bird wall hanging. I need to work out whether I have all of the pieces and see if I can get back to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment