Sunday 29 May 2022

An Epic Week

 

It has been a truly epic week, starting out in Glasgow where Nella and I went to stay with Freya to see a band which cancelled at the last minute. At any rate, we went out for tea, followed by ice cream and stayed the night so Nella could get a train the next day to stay with her lovely cousin in Exeter. This was a huge adventure for her, having not been anywhere unaccompanied since she was about 14. She managed the long journey and had a great week experiencing life as a student, partying, playing bingo and making new friends.


While she was a way I spent
  more time than usual in my workshop. I had 2 customer quilts on the go, one of which was huge at 3m square. While that was going on I prepared the 304 pleated squares for Nella’s puff quilt.



I have decided to make 4 small wall quilts to hang alongside Rainbow Warliors on the longarm stand at FoQ. They will all feature one of my large doily screen prints in silver. I got silver powder absolutely everywhere before I mixed it with binder to make silver ink. The screen that I made is really too big for one person to handle easily so some of the prints had bits missing - the best one was on blue fabric. I will add some simplified Rainbow Warriors blocks to each small quilt until they are 30” x 40”, trying not to get carried away with embellishments. 







I used another of my gadgets, the Brother Scan-Cut machine, to cut lots of tiny walri figures from glitter vinyl and I will heat-press them onto 2 ½” squares. The idea is to get Qmatic to do automated quilting to show off what it can do.





I caught up with Mo and her wire-haired dachshund puppies for coffee on Friday. I could be quite tempted to get Nessie a wee sister but I have to be sensible, especially as my newly mended overlocker has now seized up completely…





No comments:

Post a Comment