Sunday 10 July 2022

Inspector Gadget

 I have been busy figuring out how things work. I felt that the time was right to go back to posting my silly short daily news videos and I have been attempting to film demos on the Bernina L890 that are aimed at quilters rather than garment makers. Because I have not used all of this techie stuff for a while, I am a bit rusty and had forgotten that I could use a wireless mic with my phone. My Gopro was annoying me because it seemed to drain the battery in just a few minutes. Hopefully I will see an improvement after giving it an update and by using a separate remote control, rather than my phone. 

I was amazed to discover that my caravan fridge can have 3 different methods of power - gas, battery and mains electricity. Since I always intend to stay in places with power this means I can take more fresh food, even ice-lollies:)


I got 2 customer quilts done using Q-matic for a customer who likes wool wadding because it really shows off the texture. The bright quilt was also backed in purple Minky which gave it a most luxurious feel on the back.





I almost fell out with the L890 when I tried to get it to do a decorative chain-stitch. I thought that I carefully followed all of the video demos for correct set-up but after almost an entire afternoon I could not get it to stitch. Eventually I realised that I was not using the correct needle position - there are 5 of them after all! I managed to get a heavy, sparkly thread (Razzle-Dazzle) to run through the looper. I turned my small Warli quilts over and sewed along the straight line of the binding’s blanket stitch so the sparkly chain showed on the correct side of the quilt. To stop it from unravelling I later secured it with a tiny zig-zag. The 4 complementary quilts are almost complete, apart from the hanging sleeves - unless I start any further embellishment which I promised myself I would not…




No comments:

Post a Comment