Sunday 24 July 2022

Peanut Butter vs. Petrol


We had one of the hottest days on record on Tuesday - 30C in Scotland is very unusual and I tried to hide out in my workshop, which is always significantly cooler. I made 2 little bags for my dji Pocket cameras and pieced a whole cloth practice quilt that I will experiment with using Q-Matic.




I got sidetracked seeing if I could use a heat-gun to remove tatty stripes from the side of my caravan. This became a whole-day project, followed by trying to remove 25 year old sticky residue. Peanut butter was suggested as a household remedy but I can attest that it does not work at all - the only thing that would shift it was a cloth soaked in petrol. I have decided not to paint the caravan but cover it in hippy stickers instead. 


I filmed another Gopro clip of using the L890 to add a sparkly chain-stitch down the edge of a quilt binding but when I played the footage back it was in weird slo-mo. Luckily, when it got imported into iMovie it seemed to sort itself out! I have so much to learn with all this film-making malarkey…




No comments:

Post a Comment