Sunday 27 November 2022

Desperately Seeking some Christmas Spirit



Last Tuesday I went into Aberdeen to do some Christmas shopping but I was sorely disappointed. The pop-up makers’ shop that I wanted to browse was closed, the Christmas market was deserted, many shops had gone bust and everyone looked miserable. I went home lacking any festive spirit. I fared better with some of my online shopping although I do find I get easily distracted. I was looking for a simple hat with ear-flaps but came across an amazing octopus creation instead. 


My workshop is slowly drying out and seems to be less mildewy after I sprinkled the carpet with antibacterial poultry powder which has drying properties and contains a fungicide. I have done a couple of simple gifts for my folks and made a macrame covered jam jar which contains a tea-light. 


Mo commissioned me to cut and embroider some lettered cushions for one of her clients. It looked like a simple job but it actually took several hours to get the velvet letters cut and satin-stitched neatly onto linen.




 While I was doing some admin the other day I put a cheesy Christmas Musical on - “Christmas on the Square”, written by and starring Dolly Parton! Perhaps binge watching Christmas movies might help me to find some Christmas Cheer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment