Sunday 13 November 2022

Ducks in a Row



November may be a bit dreary at times but it tends to be busy as Quilters want projects done in time for Christmas. I will be going to Norfolk for a week or so in December so I need to get all of the jobs done by then. Apart from going out to collect a second-hand mini Dyson hoover from a Facebook Marketplace seller, I have pretty much been in my workshop getting stuff done.
 




Using zips to attach quilts on the longarm means I can get the next quilt ready to go and if someone comes in with a rush-job I can unzip and swap non urgent quilts if necessary.






Unless I get more customer quilts in this week, I intend to longarm the crazyish quilt that I got from Ebay. I am going to do an allover design onto it without wadding, just a flannel backing. The idea is to keep it lightweight but stable as I intend to make a coat. In my head I am going to add some hand stitching but we will see if I actually carry out that threat. 





I do need something to stop me from speed reading through a set of 13 grisly detective novels and watching niche Youtube videos. I had to watch a disturbingly nerdy video by a Dyson fan who did a side-by-side comparison of 2 almost identical models to work out which charger plug to order. I viewed several reels about microphones to realise that I had to find a different cable for a mic to work with my Gopro camera. The sound quality when I film at the machine is OK but could be better to match the main camera. 


I ordered 40 tiny ducks from the internet - I only needed one to stick on top of my lens to give me something to focus on where presenting to the camera - the other 39 can be a stocking filler to use for a treasure hunt;)

No comments:

Post a Comment