Sunday 6 November 2022

Under and Over

 

There goes another week! Admittedly, most days are the same these days. The unseasonably warm autumn weather seems to be finished - there was a bit of a storm midweek which blew off the last of the leaves off the cherry trees which are now bare for winter. I was trying to make a video but the rain was hammering loudly on my workshop’s tin roof.


I did a couple of customer quilts, using a favourite pattern, “Stacked Snails” which looks like a modern Baptist Fan.




I came up with another project on the L890 overlocker / coverstitch machine. I fed scraps of binding into the binding attachment and made a lot of straps or belt loops. I wove these to make new fabric which could be turned into mats, purses or even a sunhat. I might make some more and see how they turn out as quilt blocks.




I scrounged an old wooden box from Mo to upcycle into a footstool for Nessie. I added castors which came with ridiculously large screws so each one is only attached by 2 screws instead of 4. The screws have gone through to the inside of the box but I don’t intend to keep anything inside. I have painted it black and will cover it with a pink sheepskin rug (which I am not convinced is real) and if Nessie turns her nose up I will put my feet up on it instead;)




Nella and Freya travelled to Paris separately to see their favourite band, “Wolf Alice”. Nella was very apprehensive to be flying solo via Schipol but she made it despite a long delay. They had a great time even though it was a short trip so that is another milestone in Nella’s new life!




No comments:

Post a Comment