Sunday 12 November 2023

Quilting Workout

 


At the start of the year I declared that I would like to be fitter but I confess that I have done nothing about it. However, this week I had quite the quilting workout. Liz and Frances were here with an impressive collection of quilts. We had both machines going doing freehand and computerised quilting, using up more than a full roll of wadding. The results were super:)









The other thing that had me dashing about was having a bit of a clearout - I had some success selling a few things on Facebook Marketplace and Vinted which has spurred me on to get rid of some things that I have been hanging onto. This week I will advertise my vintage sweet-shop scales and the Raeburn cooker which has sat dormant in the garage for years. As a self-confessed junk shop addict, my house, yurt, summerhouse and workshop are all bursting at the seams. 


Sadly, I have to report that Pepper aka Blue Cat has died at the grand old age of almost 20. She was a bit of a weirdo really but a lovable character and we will miss her as we had her for 14 of those years. 





Freya came for the weekend with her boyfriend, George and his border x bearded collie pup, Poppy. Nessie was not too impressed with the visitor who was a bit bumptious for her liking. She is good at putting cats in their place (she thinks) but she preferred the new dog to be outside. The Christmas hols are going to be interesting…




No comments:

Post a Comment