Sunday 5 November 2023

Fireworks and Fluff



Unless I have a list to cross off, I feel as though I have achieved nothing in Life. That list can include walk / brush dog just so I feel I have earned the right to exist in the world. Of course, the Universe could not give a toss whether I make my bed, water my plants or brush my hair…

I completed the experimental non-slip sofa cover which does a pretty good job. The red is nowhere near the shade of the original sofa which needs a really deep treatment of leather cream. Now, I should really make another one for the other sofa but it really was not a thrilling task. The worst thing was the amount of red, fuzzy fluff that got absolutely everywhere.



Despite my Q-matic system occasionally going on strike because I have not yet fitted the new cables, I managed to get 2 customer quilts done. 




The other major task I have set myself without deviating into any other projects is to become an expert on all of the ins and outs of “Art and Stitch”. I have been carefully working my way through the manual, getting more familiar with it all. I still don’t understand why things don’t always work out how the instructions explain it and I freely admit that I find drawing with Beziers (nodes and vectors) bamboozling! With perseverance, I hope to get there in the end.


I can’t believe we are in November already. Freya came for a visit and we went to the popular fireworks display in Banchory. It was muddy and crowded but we got a place right at the front and enjoyed the 30 minute spectacle and large bonfire. Instead of queueing for food there we had hot-dogs and soup at home which was far more civilised.


No comments:

Post a Comment