Sunday 19 November 2023

This was Not part of The Plan…

 

Things were ticking along nicely in my workshop - I had to do a couple of customer quilts with binding and I planned to keep working through the Art and Stitch manual. On the side I was posting junk for sale on Facebook Marketplace.


Everything changed mid-week when my sister called to say that it looked like my Mother was having a stroke! I threw some stuff into a bag, booked a one way train ticket and headed to Norfolk with Nessie.


Things were up in the air for a while until we knew how serious the episode had been. It was what is described as a TIA with some other medical issues caused by the strain of being a round-the-clock carer for my dad. My sister and I have been poking our noses in for a while, trying to suggest how to make life easier but this has been a huge wake-up call and some changes will have to be made so my Mum can cope better and stay healthy.


I am a bit scared that I will be “told off” for clearing out the fridge and not rescuing the marmalade under a thick covering of green mould. My sister keeps reminding me that I am not actually 15 any more and am allowed to make some executive decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment