Sunday 30 July 2023

A Week of Random Making



This week I got down to putting together some class specs and requirements. It has been a while since I came up with “lesson plans” so I struggled with the discipline. I usually aim to plan more than is required which is what most primary school teachers do to keep the fast workers occupied. I will be teaching my Northern Lights improv curves class in Glasgow next month but I decided to add another element which is improv bridges. I am experimenting with machine appliqué methods. The original class was just free-cut strips but I decided to give the pupils more options and offer some people more of a challenge. 


There were some foodie makes - English muffins, which were a success and vegan strawberry tarts which looked like triffids. 





Because I seemed to be so ahead of the game with my preparation for FoQ ( I am bound to have forgotten something) I managed to do a customer quilt that I said would not be done until later in August:)





Nella, Nessie and I had a day out in St Andrews and met 2 other Scotties. Nessie thought she was a celebrity when several American tourists stopped to talk to her. 





My FoQ samples looked pretty good once they were stuffed with cushion pads but I made myself practise sit-down quilting on another sample. My FMQ skills are very rusty and I will have to do a lot of secret playing to be a convincing teacher at FoQ;) The Bernina Q16 / Q20 is bound to be easier to use than my domestic machine as there is more table space and a stitch regulator! BUT I will be teaching domestic machine quilting next month so I need to hone my skills for that.






No comments:

Post a Comment