Sunday 2 July 2023

It's a Long Way Up Here




I spent the week in Norfolk alternating between spending time with Nella in Norwich and my folks in Loddon. The weather was very hot and humid some days. We did not do anything terribly exciting. I found my Mother a new butter dish and cruet set from Ebay. We went for a stroll along the promenade in South Lowestoft and bought a new electric scooter for my Dad which should be easier to put in the car for outings.
 

The drive back north to Scotland was a bit of a marathon at 13 and a half hours. There was slow traffic, heavy rain and I decided it would be “fun” to go across country through the Scottish Borders for a change. 


It has not been particularly summery here compared to Norfolk. Currently the temperature is a good 10 degrees cooler and it has been really windy. Nella has not too impressed by that and the fact that she can’t just walk into “The City” whenever the notion takes her. I hope she won’t get too fed up not seeing her pals and being reliant on me for transport. We do have a few plans but they are mostly for August.


My priority is to get the edge of “Help ma Boab” done then hand stitch the binding, sleeve and label. Apart from that I expect the summer will fly by, whatever the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment