Sunday 22 September 2024

Getting into a New Routine


I have no idea how people find time for hobbies in the evening after work. I am getting used to the idea of getting up at early every day, not wasting time on social media, getting ready for the day, going for a dog-walk and making sure I leave on time for work. The journey takes about 45 minutes and the worst part is the single track, bendy, hilly, bumpy stretch until I reach the main road. We had a final burst of summer this week and it was too hot to take Nessie to work if she had to have time-out in the car so I left her behind where she made friends with my landlord, who very kindly offered to take her out during the day. 




The caravan is comfortable and because it is of a certain age, I don’t worry too much about trailing grass in or dusting the cobwebs. It is good for now but I won’t be joining any clubs or going out in the evening while I am here. Once I have made it back and wrestled with my farm gate that is it for the night!


I had a very busy first week at Quilt Direct, starting off with a 2-day machine embroidery masterclass, learning how to hoop and alter a design. I had an embroidery machine years ago but did not really get to grips with it because I did not have any tuition. The other participants went away with so much confidence that they would be able to use their machines for all sorts of projects. 



We had a day scurrying around getting ready to host 3 open days to coincide with the Tavistock Goosey Quilters’ Exhibition. Lots of people called in to look at machines, participate in demos and  see some of the quilting goodies that Quilt Direct offers. 







Unusually, I only have one day off this week and my plan is to take Nessie to the seaside for fish and chips, even if we do have torrential rain. I checked on the things that I have stored in the barn and had hoped to get some filming stuff out but the key to the filing cabinet is stashed away in a corner that I can’t access. The van delivery guy was great in that he delivered my stuff sort-of safely and single handed but it is in a bit of a muddle and I can’t find anything. I wish my chum Mo was here to help me sort it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment