Sunday 1 September 2024

Packing It All In


September 1st is officially the start of autumn and I have noticed a chilly nip in the air and worst of all, darkness is falling earlier. My week was all about packing to the point that I can’t pack any more until almost the final day. The kitchen pantry is almost empty and there is a yurt frame sized space in the garage (sold for peanuts but better than nothing, I guess). 






I found that if Mo was not around to chivvy me along I tended to faff a bit aimlessly. Despite selling and chucking out all sorts of things I still seem to have an awful lot of stuff. I lay awake worrying where I will put it all once I eventually find a place to live because I can’t afford keep it all in storage indefinitely. 


My lovely Volvo estate car seems to be dead! Mechanics have declared the wiring loom melted which will cost too much to fix on a 2010 car. The worst thing is that the nicest car I have ever had is now worth £180 for scrap! I did not have long to look for a new vehicle so I have bought a Mini locally which I hope will serve me well in Devonshire lanes. It is a nice wee car, although the radio does not seem to work - and it is not the Volvo;)



This week is going to be a bit weird - I have no sewing projects and most of my stuff is packed. I have a couple of folk to see and I plan to visit my kids in Glasgow. I guess this time next weekend I will be dismantling my bed and wondering what can be left behind when we can’t shove any more into the removal van.





No comments:

Post a Comment