Sunday 15 September 2024

It's a Long Way Away!






My dear friend, Mo helped me to pack up the last of my things before the van arrived on Tuesday. I always knew that it would have to go in two loads despite the optimism of the driver. It all got crammed in precariously ready to do the trip the next day. I spent the night in Glasgow and left early the next morning. The van man must have really put his foot down because while my trip took 12 long hours - he unloaded the stuff single-handed into a barn then headed back to Scotland and sent me a message to say that as I arrived in Devon he was 2 hours south of Edinburgh! 


My temporary home is a static caravan which is perfectly fine but when I arrived I was a bit overwhelmed by how remote it is. I spent the next day airing it out and hoovering up cobwebs then went off in search of a supermarket. I discovered that Satnav often does not work here so I drove around in circles for a while. I have a 5 mile section of bumpy, single track road before I reach a “proper” road which is terrifying but so far my Mini is doing a great job. It is 50 minutes to Tavistock which is too much so I need to find somewhere more convenient as soon as possible.




Luckily, I had plans for the weekend and headed to Looe on the South-East Cornish coast to stay with my friend, Mel. We had a lovely time wandering around the little town, harbour and beach and had the best cream tea in sunny late-summer weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment