Sunday 16 June 2024

A Slow and Damp Summer Week

 


We had a pleasantly low-key and damp summer week here in N E Scotland. It was cold and I had to use my electric blanket at night. Freya was here to get her front teeth fitted at last then she worked from home for a couple of days while Nella crafted. 


Fergus sent a great photo of him with some pals at the Scotland vs. Germany football match in a Glasgow pub. He is very homesick but knows that he has to be in Glasgow to give his music career a decent shot. Hopefully he will feel better when he moves into a new flat next month and gets a room of his own.
 


I had a fun Elizabeth Hartman dinosaur quilt to do for a customer and I thought that the Monstera pattern worked well.





I uploaded a Youtube tutorial on how to make a stationery pouch with instructions. Hopefully I made it super easy to follow - I did make at least 4 prototypes in the end.







While the machine quilted lots of Swiss cheese plants, I bit the bullet and decided to get all of the dreaded curved piecing out of the way on the Tula Pink butterfly quilt. It was not all that bad with just a couple of dodgy seams overall. All I have left to do is a few straightforward blocks, then I have to try and get it all together without muddling up too many pieces!


No comments:

Post a Comment