Sunday 2 June 2024

I May Have Overpacked



I write this blog update from (so far) sunny Devon! I had a busy week - finishing off the now green chairs, trimming all of the Tula Pink butterfly HSTs to a uniform 2.5” square, filming how to make the stationery supplies pouch, under packing clothes and over packing on tech. My car was full on my way to Glasgow as I had a table and 4 chairs for Freya, one small dog and myself. After I finally got rid of the furniture at Freya’s new place on the Southside, I created a lot more space but had to put the seats back up.
 




Freya brought a medium sized backpack and her tortoise in a small box then very early on Saturday morning, we had to collect Fergus, who had been on a Glasgow subway pub crawl. When we finally woke him up he got in the car with another backpack and a guitar. We still had to collect Nella later from a small station in Cornwall with her suitcase! The journey down to Tavistock took just over 8 hours with both of my passengers sleeping most of the way. Freya was worn out after taking several days to move to her new flat and Fergus was sleeping off his epic night out.


I have rented a lovely little Duke of Bedford cottage (a Victorian social housing project) with its own garden which Nessie thinks is amazing, although she is not as impressed by the steep stairs inside. I am on a working “holiday” in Tavistock at Quilt Direct where I will be doing some tuition and videography this week. I will have Sunday and Wednesday off plus evenings, of course, and Fergus can drive the girls around or they can laze around if they prefer. I brought them a bag full of stationery supplies if they want to make scrap books. We are so happy to be together since the last time we all went on holiday together was with Bumble to Auchiltibuie in 2017. We hold that up as one of our most memorable holidays and so far the vibe of this trip feels similar:)

No comments:

Post a Comment