Sunday 30 June 2024

Long Summer Work Days



Last Monday was a scorcher at 26 Celsius and I felt slightly guilty that my main activity of the day was spent inside on my computer, trying to sort out some messy digital quilt designs. It was only summer for one day because the rest of the week was half that temperature here in Scotland, which is OK for quilting. 


Nella went off to Glasgow to stay with Freya and spend time with Fergus so I felt that I could spend as much time in my workshop as I liked since we have such long, light evenings. I had a couple of Zoom teaching sessions and worked my way through 3 customer quilts.






While the machine was busy stitching I pieced together the blocks of the Tula Pink butterfly quilt into larger sections and completed 2 top wings. They are mirror images of each other and it is important not to get any pieces muddled up!




Sunday is being spent loading a van with Fergus’ stuff for his flat move on Monday. At least I am watching the van being loaded, staking my rights firmly as the Driver just to drive and not shift the gear;)




No comments:

Post a Comment